21 June 2009

Do daughters dream of electric mowers? And other short stories.

A lot of people are surprised when I tell them this, but I mow the lawn at my house. And it's more often than not these days. My dad would prefer to go on bike rides when the weather is nice, and my brother is either doing things with his friends or unable to do so because of his allergies. So, it falls to me to do it. I don't really mind; there's no other job where I'm gonna earn $20 an hour. The only thing is, I'd really prefer to have an electric mower. They're much quieter, don't use as much gas, aren't as much of a pain to start, and I can listen to music while I mow. This one is way too loud. So I composed my blog entry in my head for about an hour, haha.

It's been nice having the weekend off of work. I've spent a lot of time with my family and also a lot of personal time just enjoying a little bit of quiet. Especially since it's Father's Day weekend.

It's weird: both of my boys are away for a few days. My brother and my boyfriend are both at camps, one at Youth to Youth (drug- and alcohol-free youth playing reindeer games for four days) and the other at a fraternity-sponsored leadership camp (playing reindeer games for four days). One is at Capital University, one is at Miami of Ohio. It's so weird to not have them around.

My friend stopped through town on Friday on his way home, so I got to grab dinner with him. He's swinging through again today, which I believe will mean another meal in a few hours.

I guess that's all. It's been a pretty boring summer so far. Enjoy the daylight today! (One of my friend's status on Facebook is "The longest day of the year." I believe they're all 24 hours long... I'm so sarcastic, I should really cut that out.)

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. So, the two people who caught the joke and commented didn't make it seem like they understood it. The other guy said something about working in a coal mine. It was disappointing.

    And I love the way I keep making it into this blog. Do I get a special name like J does? Maybe, say, gangle? (In no way does this imply some sort of parity with J; he gets one letter, while I'd get six.)

    BTW, there will be RvB Recreation Chapter 2 tonight. I'm assuming you saw Chapter 1 already. They go up Mondays at 9:00 PM Central.

    ReplyDelete