14 June 2010

Gettin' nostalgic

So this morning, I had my last tutorial in the Oxford system. I'm done with philosophy forever. I leave on Thursday for a family trip to Ireland, so this is my last few days in the country.

It's unbelievable. I can't believe I'm not coming back next year. This has only been a year-long study-abroad program, but somehow I feel like I belong here and that I ought to be coming back. I've done pretty well here academically - it fits my style of learning.

And this country has been good to me. I love England. I love walking around in the city here and taking in the sights. I've grown to love the food here. Everything here in Oxford is so charming - pubbing, ice cream, all the things I've been able to do here. It's unbelievable. I just can't believe I won't be back.

It's been charming living in The Future, but it'll all be over soon.

STICK A FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you remember when you used to update the blag every few days, without someone having to remind you? Yeah, those were the days...

    WHAT?! YOU'RE GOING TO IRELAND?! JEALOUSY!

    Hey, at least back here you get hugs. BEAT THAT, ENGLAND! YOU CAN'T BEAT US IN SOCCER! ...THAT'S RIGHT, SOCCER! NOT FOOTBALL! 'MERICA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Your study abroad experience in the UK sounds awesome, especially that it was a dream-come-true for you. How was the trip to Ireland?

    I'd love you to check out PinkPangea.com, a new community for women travelers to get real travel information geared specifically to women.

    It would be great if you could post about your experience in the UK, providing anecdotes and photos from your time abroad. You might also want to provide tips for women travelers who also want to get out there.

    I look forward to hearing more about your experiences abroad!

    Hope to hear from you soon,

    Rachel
    rachel@pinkpangea.com
    www.PinkPangea.com

    ReplyDelete