10 November 2009

Wait, why are there double digits?

I forgot how fast November can go by sometimes. I swear, yesterday was Tuesday too.

I had so many edits in my last post, but I suppose it doesn't matter. To quote my FMC (female main character, for those who don't speak in NaNo acronyms), "please, I'm just so tired..." I'm mentally exhausted. I can't read an ethics essay without wanting to sleep, every consecutive chapter is taking longer and longer to write, and it always rains on Tuesdays... conveniently the day of the week I always choose to run to the grocery. And I haven't heard from my family in over a week. I really hope everything is okay.

Just a half-hour ago, I realized what the loneliest place in the world is: it's right in front of your monitor, with only four words of a title on a Word document which you have to turn into a 2500-word essay by midnight or else YOU turn into a pumpkin. Or something like that. As you, the reader, can probably tell, the ease of metaphors has gone right out the window. But yeah, I have an essay due at midnight over a topic I don't really understand, but I have to get into the details anyways.

I'm just... tired. I'm so tired. November is my least favorite. There are so many things I want, I don't have the money or the inclination to buy them right now, and the one place I want to be is the place I can't go for another month.

Hopefully tonight I will at least book my hostel for my week in London for the week before I go home. I'm at least a little excited about it; I plan on doing a lot of shopping and museum hopping, picture taking and people visiting. I'm going to get marvelously lost and not worry about finding my way home just yet. I'm just worried about logistics... like which bus to take to London, which bus to take in London to get to the airport... blah.

I will worry later. Now is for work.

- Jen -

3 comments:

  1. Whoa crap! Two digits!

    Whoa crap! Edits to the last post!

    Whoa crap! Shutterfly account!

    "I realized what the loneliest place in the world is: it's right in front of your monitor..." -- Welcome to the life of a Computer Science major.

    Hey, at least November isn't the cruelest month.

    My philosophy on traveling logistics: (1) be flexible (and allow enough time for flexibility) and (2) know enough and have enough resources available to figure out multiple ways of getting there. Preparation for that is minimal, and it has worked very well for me on several occasions. Including a couple of trips to Chicago with no plans on how to get back. I just knew my options, and that's all I needed. On a semi-related note, I've never missed a flight, only had one flight significantly delayed (and it was the last leg of the trip), and only arrived in an airport without my luggage once (it came in on the next flight, right after dinner). People want to travel with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buses are easy. I can show you which to take in about 5 minutes, all tickets purchased at the door. I can't help you with getting lost in London, but I can assure you that you will not get lost going to London, not on my watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gangle, on you semi-related note, you failed to knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete