15 March 2010

Wow it's been a little while.

I got kind of busy. Sorry, everyone, my life has been weird.

Today I had an eye exam! How exciting. I hadn't had an eye exam since, like, December 2007 (I remember getting my current glasses, the red frames, before Spring 2008 semester). And you know how they say with exams like that, you can never fail? Well, I did.

My exam took twice as long as expected, because I have apparently developed astigmatism in my left eye (non-dominant eye) since my last exam (which, yeah, 2+ years ago, but still). Since we didn't know about the astigmatism, we had to check my left eye with three different contacts, and three times with the lenses. I think we have the prescription down by now, but it's still weird that it took so long to determine what was wrong with my eye.

Then, of course, he had to measure the curvature of my eyes, and do the juvenile glaucoma test, which... blah, my least favorite. I do not like having air puffed onto my eye. But it's important, that I won't deny. Our high school principal's son has juvenile glaucoma so I try to raise my own awareness about it through word of mouth.

The rest of my day was taken up by buying bridal shower gifts, going to Taco Bell, doing knitting, looking for frames that I might like (need new glasses now if not sooner), doing a transposition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" for my brother, and watching Oklahoma! since my brother is Curly (the male lead) in the musical my high school is putting on this year. It's been a busy day, and I would go to sleep, but I'm still vaguely upset about things elsewhere on the Internet, so we'll see.

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. Wait, I'm TWO behind. I thought it was just one. Two posts in one day? Really?

    Anyway, happy Irish Christmas, and welcome back to the States! You can stop inserting u's into everything now.

    You know how many eye exams I've failed? My eyes suck.

    I HATE THE AIR PUFF THING.

    Taco Hell, you mean?

    Is someone wrong on the internet again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister's in that! I believe she is the female lead. Weird.

    ReplyDelete