15 July 2009

Previously on LOST:

Just something I've been hearing a lot more of lately. J and I are only done with three seasons out of five so far. Season 3 finale was underwhelming to say the least. I became very confused and thought that the season 3 and 4 finales actually happened within the same episode. I'm never that lucky.

In official study-abroad reason-I-made-this-blog news, I was supposed to have my student visa letter by July 4. It's 11 days later, and still haven't seen it. I'm wondering if it's trouble on my end (for filling out a form wrong), trouble on their end (not getting their letters sent in time), or our mail carrier's fault. (If you don't believe me that she's terrible, listen to this story: She actually never delivered one of my college acceptance letters. I have no idea why she still has a job.) Also, I figured out today that even though I RSS-feed this blog into Facebook, I believe that only one person consistently reads this blog. My parents didn't even know it existed, even though I had let them know what the URL is. Remind me why I do this again?

My summer is officially halfway over today. If you count from May 1 to September 30 that is... so it's approximate but accurate. J only has one more month of summer. Because of fraternity things (he's Recruitment Chair, to the best of my knowledge, and his chapter needs to keep up their reputation of having the best chapter in the nation) and his college's week-long welcome-back party for all students (no idea why they do this), he needs to arrive on campus about a week and a half before classes start. Boooooooooo. My time with him has been short enough as it is.

I'm proud of my brother for getting close to being an 'official' Eagle Scout and all that, but seriously, the fights about it need to stop. As much as I'd like to have his Eagle Court of Honor to happen before I go abroad in the fall, it's just not going to end up happening like we think it will. Add to that that I need to make sure that I schedule off for at least two weekends during the back-to-school rush, and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

That's assuming that I can actually go anywhere once my brother has started school. I'm interested in going back to Notre Dame for a weekend in the fall to see my friends and celebrate September birthdays, among them mine, but it all depends on if I can get the weekend off of work and if I have a car and if there's not a band competition and if I'll have somewhere to stay and park the car and other shenanigans. I'd like to see J at school before I leave in the fall, preferably the last full weekend I'm home so we can celebrate my 20th birthday and our 3-year anniversary, but apparently I have no place to stay and no place to park on top of the possibility of not getting off of work, not having a car, and a possible band competition on top of that.

tl;dr it's never really mattered what I want this summer.

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. That mail carrier sucks.

    Did I mention that I made a Dashboard widget that gets the RSS feed? So, whenever I check the other widgets for Facebook, the weather, the other weather, internet connection, or hard drive space, I happen to glance at that one and see if there's an update. Then, I decided I was going to comment on every post, because I can.

    Here's a reminder of why you do it again: it's a record of your experiences, thoughts, and some feelings, in a very public setting (in that the entire technologized world has access to it) during a time in your life when you are preparing to go abroad, and while you're there. It's a public journal. And once you leave, I'm sure J will read it, too. Maybe we should have comment wars. Yeah, that'd be fun.

    There shouldn't have to be politics in the Boy Scouts!

    And yes, you do need to come here for birthdays! I've already told you my plan, right? Yes, yes I have. Teehee.

    Most of the travel problems can be worked out. Heck, for 4th of July, the only parts I had specifically planned were how I was getting to Chicago and where I was staying for two nights. Everything else was winging it, from intra-city transit to eating to getting back here. All it takes is a little experience by you or by a local to be able to solve those kinds of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. There is plenty of parking at Case. Worst case, I can hook you up with 'my women' there.

    2. How did you know when our student visa letters where supposed to arrive?

    ReplyDelete