25 July 2009

Supernerd time.


I'm in the middle of a self-imposed Lord of the Rings marathon (because please, what else do you watch when you're home sick from work?) and was suddenly struck by how much of a nerd I really am. Examples:

  • A line from Arwen to Aragorn, "I would rather share a lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone", is currently my ultraromantic Facebook status.
  • I'm still craving Eowyn's white dress as something to get married in. (Crappy picture but you get the idea.)
  • I'm quietly amused at seeing Charlie from LOST and Rudy in these movies. And since I go to ND, I'm contractually obligated to chant "RUDY, RUDY, RUDY" at every Samwise Gamgee opportunity.
Enjoy your health, everyone, while I enjoy my marathon.

- Jen -

3 comments:

  1. I did that chant while Sam was carrying Frodo up the mountain. So appropriate.

    Almost as good as the second time Mal punches someone in the pilot episode of Firefly, and saying "And THAT's not the HAMMER!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or almost as good as seeing Nathan Fillion guest-star on an episode of LOST as Evangeline Lilly's husband and turning to ask Justin "Why is Kate sleeping with Captain 'Malcolm Reynolds' Hammer?" (PS. Why does he always have to be a captain? Because even in that episode he was a police chief of some kind.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs down on the dress. I don't want to have to wear something like that as a 'bridesmaid,' as you are convinced I am going to be.

    ReplyDelete