08 October 2009

Hurm.

Basically a straight Rorschach quote. I've had "Sound of Silence" (Simon and Garfunkel, from the film) playing in my head because of the line "in the halo of a streetlamp, I turned my collar to the cold and damp." It's not always cold and damp here but it likes to rain at least once a day. Today has been remarkably clear and almost warm (I was pushing up the sleeves of my sweater at one point).

I've eaten today! Small victories, people. I finally have an adapter now, and consistent internet. I might even have my New College email account set up to reliably work. Probably not linking it to my Thunderbird accounts but it's still a matter of pride that I have a New College email address. They're very exclusive after all, and I plan on taking advantage of that to spam everyone I know. ;)

I got my information about my tutorials just now in my e-mail. I'm taking one on Logic and Language and another on Ethics. I'm planning on stopping in on more lectures than that but I have a few days to sort things out before things begin in earnest. I already have a reading list/questions topic for my one class. Doesn't seem too hard really. I was told we'd be writing 8-10 page papers but apparently they only need 4-5 from me, and I'm only taking two tutorials as of right now.

Right now I'm trying to read lecture offerings, figure out what's going on with clubbing tonight and the bop (college dance) on Saturday, and email my profs, so something has to give and that's this blog entry. I'm just going to end with this thought: Why is every g-d bagel in the entire UK covered with sesame seeds?

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light.

    It split the night.

    And touched the sound of silence.


    Yay food! Keep eating. You kind of need to do that. I hear it prevents starving.

    By the way, it's midterms week(s) here. Yeah, you're kind of behind.

    And sesame seeds are good.

    ReplyDelete