02 December 2009

Big, Fun, Scary List

So, after NaNo every year, a lot of participants get together and make goals for themselves for the upcoming year. It's kind of like a pre-emptive New Year's resolution set, except you actually do a little planning to make the goals you put in place come true. So, I just wanted to share my BFS list with all of you, and I hope you come up with your own.

My big, fun, scary list, with annotations.

1. Edit my main novel for this year with the help of my beta reader/technical editor. [Big.]
2. Shop for publishing houses/agents and send out cover letters/summaries/first chapters. [Big.]
3. Characterize, plan, and write my massive fanfiction novel at the pace of about a chapter a week. [Big, fun.]
4. Do NaNoWriMo 2010. [Big, fun.]
5. Take creative writing classes once I get back to main campus. [Fun, scary.]
---
6. Travel alone, including Europe and my college friends' hometowns. [Fun, scary.]
7. Get a summer job that I'm happy with, or at least make a little money this summer. [Big.]
8. Start knitting/sewing again for something to do for a few hours every day. [Fun.]
9. Actually learn how to knit correctly. I've been teaching myself on and off but I keep dropping it. [Fun.]
10. Actually go out to a club. Can you believe I've been at Oxford for two months and I haven't yet made it out to a club? [Fun.]
11. Make it onto the ballroom competitive team once I get back to main campus. [Big, fun, scary.]
12. Along that line, start exercising, even if it is just walking the treadmill for a half-hour every day. [Big, fun.]
13. Learn how to cook, for real, and cook something every day. [Scary. If you don't think it's scary then you don't really know how awkward I am as a cook.]

I think thirteen things is a good goal for now.

[ETA: LEARN FRENCH. It's been on my BFS for years now.]

1 comment:

  1. Comments on the BFS:
    1. Indeed.
    2. Good luck! I think I know someone who worked at a publishing place or something...was that you?
    3. Oh no.
    4. Obviously.
    5. Did I mention that I'm taking Visual Dialogue next semester? I'm going to die in that. It's another one of those artsy-craftsy classes. *shiver*
    6. Not that scary. Just be prepared and resourceful. I think I've described my travel philosophy before in these comments. It's kind of like having my own blog, when you think about it. I'm just piggy-backing yours!
    7. Kind of important. Which reminds me that I need to update my resume. I might be able to intern at my sister's company. There I go with the blogging again!
    8. You have extra hours for that? Can I have some extra hours?
    9. You should meet my high school chemistry teacher. She has knit-fests, where students, faculty, and friends are all invited. Oh, and she's badass, too.
    10. Meh. Not a fan of that kind of thing.
    11. I think my roommate's doing that. I don't know, I hardly ever see him.
    12. I should probably do something like that...meh. Don't feel like it.
    13. I'm probably worse.

    ETA: Been there, done that. For about 15 years or so. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete