03 December 2009

End of term goodness

So, I just finished my last essay for Michaelmas term, and I feel... strange. Liberated, I guess. I downloaded the Fight Club soundtrack, and that doesn't really have anything to do with the above sentences except that I'm listening to it right now. So, so, so good.

So, I'm booking a trip to London right now. Complicated, especially since I don't have a printer. I want to print maps! I guess I'll just be hanging out in the computer lab all day tomorrow until my last tutorial at 2 PM, printing off of Google Maps and creating a last-minute itinerary of things I want to do here in Oxford and in London while I'm there.

I'm excited, but also kind of scared. I've never travelled (ha, British spelling) alone before, but I think I'll live. I'm capable of doing this, it just freaks me out because I've never done it before. It'll be nice to have a little freedom for once, just doing what I want to do. And of course I'll take a billionty-two pictures while I'm in London and put them up on Shutterfly, so check that out.

I made the conscious decision to come back and stay in Oxford before leaving again, just so I would be able to pack my suitcase and all that great stuff. Maybe I'll also sneak in a Harry Potter tour, a main-colleges tour, a visit to the Ashmolean, and a visit to the Natural History Museum (and who knows, maybe even the Bod!), but I won't push myself or anything. It's break, after all, and I'll have half a week before next term to pretty much do what I want around here or London, whichever.

Too busy with everything at the moment to give a good recap of how this term has gone so far, but I think about half of it was spent doing NaNo, if that gives everyone an idea of how stressful, yet fun, my time here has been. Also, Luke (another ND student here) circulated an e-mail of a comment from the Warden about how the ND students consistently perform well. I got my records today and they... weren't that bad, actually. I might have been able to do a little better but I'm still adjusting and I was doing some tutorials that were a little out of my comfort zone. Next two terms should be better. (Probably need to e-mail the philosophy faculty at some point to let them know how I'm doing... or something...)

Blah. Just trying to get a few things done between now and tomorrow afternoon, as past two I basically have my whole evening planned out. So, I may update between now and London but don't count on it!

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. You'll live. When was the first time I traveled (ha, American spelling) alone? Between Junior and Senior years of high school, up to Wisconsin for a week? Yeah, that was the time I tried to see how many girls I could get pictures with in one night. Twelve, I think. That was fun.

    Hey, get me some touristy souvenir or something.

    Oh, yeah, I still haven't gotten around to the Shutterfly thing yet. Over break!

    Stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing! At least, that's what they tell me. I hate doing it. WHY AM I TAKING ANOTHER ARTSY CLASS NEXT SEMESTER?!?

    ReplyDelete