12 August 2009

It's been a busy day.

Between ten this morning and right now, Things Have Happened.

I realized that I'm going to miss some distinctly American food while I'm abroad. Case in point: Hot Pockets, specifically the ham and cheese variety. Be mad all you'd like, but I love the stupid little microwaveable 'sandwiches'. All the same, I'm really looking forward to new culinary experiences too.

I beat the first Halo game, normal difficulty, on co-op today! Yes, I really am that slow and that noobish. I love video games, but I'm just not very good at them. It's sad really.

I went out to dinner with Justin and his parents to a place called Chili Verde. They've been voted best Mexican food in Columbus for a few years now, and they did not disappoint. Their salsa and their queso are both very good. My seafood chimichanga was also absolutely delicious. Somewhat expensive, but authentic. A lot of fun, even if that dinner does mean that it's the end of the summer for me and Justin.

The biggest part of the day, though, was that I saw my first Indiana Jones movie. Pathetic, right? I don't know how I've managed to go so much of my life without seeing one, but I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight. It did not disappoint. I don't know how it could, with Han Solo and Gimli as main players and Michael Moore as a second director (no, not that Michael Moore, we checked on imdb). Steven Spielberg as director, John Williams on the soundtrack, produced by LucasArts... I didn't really realize how epic this movie was. What a classic. I'm still dumbfounded that I wasn't exposed to this earlier. Although I'm surprised that this movie received a PG rating, seeing that most video games that would depict that level of violence these days would receive an 'M for mature' rating... I guess they rationalized it by saying that Nazis weren't real human beings.

And now, even though I'm so, so ready to sleep, I need to trudge through paperwork to make sure I have everything I need for my visa biometrics appointment tomorrow morning. I'm very confused by a certain point, but hopefully things will be clarified for me by the time I get there. Oh, and I need to find the place. And fill out the appendix (still). May I never have to do this again.

For now, I'm off to watch a meteor shower. The last time I tried to watch one, I didn't see anything...

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we finally beat halo! Having a geeky girlfriend is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Halo! Now, time for Halo 2.

    Indiana Jones pwnz0rz!

    Yay meteor shower! I lost count before I got to 10. I might watch again tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete