23 August 2009

No, I am NOT at ND right now.

Kinda wish I was, though. My mind is so ready to go back to school, and my body is so ready to stop working these insane 24-hour weekends. It's so sad to see all my friends' statuses change on Facebook to "Going back to ND, woohoo" and not to be there to see them or to participate in the madness that is moving in. I'll see them soon enough, but it's just saddening.

Among the many things I am craving right now are the earrings from Watchmen. I can't find a screencap of them, which is pretty sad, but those of you who have seen the movie, it's the earrings that Doctor Manhattan (Jon Osterman) gives to his first girlfriend (Janey Slater) over Christmas. They are so pretty, so understated, and yet they go with pretty much everything. Yet somehow I can't find a screencap or even a question about who designed them over the Internet. (Also, I checked in the original comic, and it looks like similar earrings are actually spotted on Laurie aka Silk Specter II. What in the world...)

I'm selling about two laundry baskets' worth of clothes within the next two days. One of the perils of turning 20 is that I can't dress like I'm 13 any more. I still have jeans that I wore my freshman year of high school. And that's not necessarily fashion appropriate for a junior in college who is a) going abroad to a more fashion-forward country and b) is looking career-forward in her clothes. These are the perks of being in retail and getting a massive discount on quality, fashionable clothes. Unfortunately, I probably need hundreds of dollars in clothes. Boo.

At least I finally have two days off tomorrow and Tuesday... two days to work on Secret Projects. I am so tired.

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call England fashion-forward, but it is Europe. I haven't given any thought to my wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete