18 September 2009

Google Maps is made of fail.

Today my mom and I went on a little adventure. The original intent was to go apple picking, but even though we've been to this farm at least once a year since we've lived in Ohio, we got lost on the way there. Why? FREAKIN' GOOGLE MAPS. This is the second time in a week that I've been sidetracked or greatly delayed by their silly directions. Thankfully I now know what kinds of general directions to head in, so I got us to the farm in time... except the breed of apples we wanted to pick, Honeycrisp, had already been picked last week, all of them within a day. So instead of actually picking any Jonathans for ourselves, we just headed down to the farmer's market to pick up a bushel of Honeycrisps and some cider.

I was so tired when I got home that I fell asleep for two more hours, trying very, very hard to remember whose face was in the dream I had last night (and why I woke up with a gigantic smile on my face and the feeling I had in early October 2006).

Today was also one of my last days of work. Work was made of fail, too, because we had a customer come in the store ten minutes after it closed and who still wanted service/to be rung out at a register. As a rule, we're not really allowed to turn anyone away, and we don't close our registers until all customers are out of the store, but still.

I figured out what I'm going to name my cats! The first one will be called K. C., which is actually short for Kitty Cat (lord knows I'll just be randomly shouting "KITTY!" at enough opportunities, might as well just call the cat Kitty). The next one will be called Pyro and the third (if I ever get more than two) will be called Gangle, because that's just too good of a name to pass up (sorry Greg, except not sorry!).

I'm trying very, very hard to ignore the fact that I have to leave two weeks from tomorrow and will not see my friends at school again for another year, so please don't remind me.

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was going to reference that xkcd!

    Oh, come on! I do not approve.

    One time, while playing Combat Arms (an online FPS, in which my handle is also gangle), someone on the other team said "nice shot, gangle." Then, someone on my team was like,"who you callin' gangle?" And I'm like, "me." Then that guy said "oh" and "that sounds like something i wouldn't want to be called." It was rather amusing.

    ReplyDelete