23 September 2009

Last day of work.

Yeah. Today was my last day of work this summer. It feels weird to say this, but I'm leaving in ten days. I still feel like it hasn't sunk in yet, and if I think about it too much I get a little queasy. My big joke now is 'hey, don't remind me.' It just kinda feels like I dropped out. Or dropped off the face of the earth. Or something like that.

Although I am getting ready for stuff, a little. The past few 'trial runs' of my weekend suitcase have gone really well (several outfits, minus extra shoes). I got a flu shot tonight and now my arm is kind of stiff. I'm watching all of my Friends DVDs. I'm buying the last of my new clothes. ... so I'm not doing anything to get ready. I'm in huge denial. Can you blame me?

My grandfather's open-heart surgery was originally supposed to be on Tuesday. It didn't happen, because I worked yesterday. Then it was supposed to be rescheduled for Friday. Then, as it turns out, his diabetes is back, the surgery would have caused depression, and he's having problems with his memory. Decisions are still being made, but probably won't get decided until after I leave.

Cleveland this weekend :)

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. Meh, you'll fall back onto the earth eventually.

    Have fun in Not-Detroit!

    ReplyDelete