02 September 2009

Fast times at Ridgemont High.

Not really. Still going through a pretty quiet summer, like anyone else going to OSU. Oh wait...

This may seem very small to my female readers and nigh-inconsequential to my male readers, but I'm starting to wear lipstick. To me, that always meant that I was a 'grown-up', and so it used to be reserved for special occasions only. But I've realized, wearing it every day takes the emphasis away from the very bold statement of my glasses. So yeah. Watch out for me to 'drop the bombshell' (aka the Sangria) when you next see me in person.

My current ambition is to craft a playlist for my Shuffle so that I will truly never have to skip a song through a drive back and forth to ND. This is quite an ambition, because the drive for me is 4.5 hours one-way (overestimating on purpose), so I roughly need 9 hours' worth of songs that I will never want to skip over. I'm almost there, but still test-driving the playlist that I have right now. Version 1.0, what used to be on my Shuffle back in May, was good enough, but my Shuffle finally died and has been sitting in my purse unused since late July. Time for an upgrade. Version 2.0 is currently undergoing testing, and so far has been mostly successful. Version 2.1 is loaded in iTunes right now after this testing run is over, and currently has 142 songs ranging from Katy Perry and Lady Gaga to the Bee Gees and Liza Minelli. (What can I say, I have very eclectic taste in music.)

I introduced my mother to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog this afternoon, mostly with "yeah, it has Neil Patrick Harris in it". Even moms love the NPH. And when she saw Felicia Day she said "Oh, it's the girl from the old UPS commercials!" Right. I forgot how much I loved that little musical; "My Eyes" is one of my favorite duets of all time.

Still working on Secret Projects, still watching way too much of Watchmen, still on the hunt for a new travel-size perfume. My to-do list gets longer as my time shrinks. As Mr. Wonka might say, "So much time and so little to do." Wait... strike that, reverse it.

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. Aww, with the whole "Version 2.0 is currently undergoing testing," you almost sound like a Computer Science major. A real CS person, though, would more likely say, "Version 2.0 might get tested sometime later, if I feel like it and have time." Wait, strike that, what am I saying? "Version 1.0 might be finished later."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juicy Red Lipstick AND Librarian Glasses. Hot Damn.

    ReplyDelete