17 September 2009

This one's for you, Greg.

I'm going apple picking tomorrow for the first time in years. I'm really excited. I miss the feeling of climbing the trees, actually eating apples that you yourself just freshly picked off a tree, the smell of ripe apples, the crisp feeling of the early morning air. Too bad I work tomorrow evening so I can't just stay out picking apples all day.

Barnes & Noble will eventually be the financial ruin of me. I went tonight and came home with the five-hour BBC version of Pride & Prejudice (a must-see, in my opinion, though I like both versions pretty equally), the third season of Friends on DVD (what? I need something to watch while I work on Projects), Naked by David Sedaris, and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. I think I may have read Naked before, and I've read Sirens of Titan and heard that Cat's Cradle, along with Slaughterhouse Five, were very good, but I could only pick one. Now I just need to make it to the library to check out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...

Also, this may be a terrible reflection on me, but I cry every. single. time. I listen to Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek."

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a post for me!

    Never been apple picking myself. They might make good targets. (Wish I had read and commented on this before you went, because then that's all you'd think about. Teehee.)

    OK, so, the only piece of literature or pop culture in that post that I've read or seen is Slaughterhouse Five. ...So it goes?

    ReplyDelete