16 September 2009

Short post.

Not intentionally for someone (cough) to get even more behind, but I know everyone's usually busy during the week. Catch up on the weekend.

When I woke up from my dream this morning, all I could remember was that armageddon had been happening, all the opposites (which looked like Gundam fighters with allegories like "WAR" and "PEACE" and "LOVE" and "HATRED" spray-painted on) destroyed one another, and I was picking out long splinters of glass from my fingers with a pair of tweezers. And Greg was in my dream. Weird. And I haven't watched anything Gundam related since I was in middle school.

Every intention I ever had of just having a two-hour visit with my grandparents always, always turns into five hours and counting. They're just a little bit more labor-intensive than they used to be. I was introduced to the place where I will be taking my grandmother to her chemotherapy next Tuesday (really nice place, open, nice people, etc.). Sat around visiting for a while, including repeating stories twice and three times for my grandfather, which is kind of upsetting. Took my grandmother grocery shopping, then spent an hour rooting through her freezer and refrigerator trying to throw out food that they had stored improperly or had passed its expiration date. At least my grandmother got her lift chair today, and she might be getting a power chair soon.

It's just sad. Five years ago, my grandparents were truly healthy and happy people. Now they just look... kind of lost. I can understand why my mom gets so frustrated when she has to go out every day and help them with basics, but really, they can't take care of themselves. At this point, I'm just scared that something terrible is going to happen while I'm abroad, and this fear seems to be getting more and more justified as time goes on.

Took a nap this afternoon, which was more like falling back into the strange waking nightmare I had last night. The glass splinters came out of my hand completely clear, but they hurt like razor blades under my skin. Very strange, very realistic sensation. I haven't had dreams this vivid since March.

I have many, many pictures to sort through tonight, hopefully after I run a few errands this evening. See you in another life, brothers.

- Jen -

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost caught up! Computer Architecture sucks anyway!

    WTF? Allegorical Gundam, and I'm there? Very weird indeed.

    My grandmother was just diagnosed with breast cancer; my grandfather's memory isn't so good anymore. My other grandfather has problems, and my parents are taking care of him. (The first two live in St. Louis, and my aunt is nearby.)

    ReplyDelete