04 September 2009

You only WISH high school ended with graduation.

The truth is, the real world is still very much like high school. There are beautiful people that everyone gossips about, or maybe people that are very popular because their parents are rich. There are cliques and groups, some exclusive, some not. There are some people who 'fit in' or 'get it' and there are some people that just don't. And that's the end of where I'm going with that.

I went to my high school's first home football game tonight. We played a team from Ontario, Canada (oh how I wish I was making that up). Thankfully, we trounced them 56-13. Most interesting is that Brady Quinn (you know, ND football superstar, maybe-starting-QB for the Cleveland Browns), who graduated from my high school, was back tonight for our Alumni Night. I got to gaze at him first through binoculars, then from about 20 yards away. No way was security letting anyone unauthorized get to him. I did get pictures, though, because pics or it didn't happen, right? Not on my camera, but expect them in the next few days.

The unfortunate fact of a holiday weekend means that I work, since my job is in retail and people actually (gasp shock!) shop on holiday weekends. This is not true, however, for OSU home game weekends, so my shift tomorrow will probably be absolutely dead. I work every day until Thursday.

Let me know if there are definite plans in the air for when I come to ND.

- Jen -

2 comments:

  1. You gazed at him through binoculars at 20 yards away?

    I had lunch with him at South when I first visited campus. Except that I didn't know who he was.

    And I'll be getting an e-mail out, hopefully sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how shopping schedules revolve around football. I'm glad to see even the hordes of shopping women follow OSU.

    ReplyDelete